As obesity is increasingly becoming a frightening phenomenon, people are now turning to natural home remedies for quick weight loss to get rid of this problem. Maintaining a healthy body weight is not only a matter of self esteem but also important for avoiding a number of diseases.
Weight gain is mainly caused by factors like lack of physical exercise and irregular, unhealthy eating habits. Genetic factors, stress, hormonal changes, lack of sleep, intake of certain medications such as the ones for diabetes, blood pressure, depression etc also contribute in gaining weight.
Conditions such as Hypothyroidism, Cushing’s Syndrome, blood sugar imbalance, water retention due to kidney, heart or liver disease can also be held responsible for the same. In such cases, it is recommended to take advice from your doctor before taking any crucial steps for weight loss.
Moreover, calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) before taking any major steps for losing weight quickly. BMI = (Weight in kg / (Height in Meters x Height in Meters)) or BMI = (Weight in Pounds / (Height in inches x Height in inches)) x 703. Ideally, your BMI should be within the range of 18.5 to 25.5. BMI value beyond 25.5 is considered overweight and below 18.5 is considered underweight.
Given below are some effective natural home remedies for quick weight loss. Expecting absolutely immediate results from these quick weight loss home remedies, however, would not be practical. Nonetheless, when these natural remedies are followed along balanced, healthy diet and lifestyle modifications, they are sure to give encouraging results in soon.
Natural Home Remedies for Quick Weight Loss
• Having five or six small meals instead of having two or more large meals is one of the most effective diet tips for quick weight loss. Plus, eat slowly so that the stomach feels more contented. Needless to add, focus on eating less and exercising more.
• Restricting the consumption of foods prepared from white flour is another valuable home remedy for quick weight loss. In addition, switch to skimmed milk rather than whole fat milk. Focus more on fruits, vegetables, low fat salad dressings and reduce the intake of flesh foods high in fats, particularly red meat.
• Regularly consuming plain, non fat yogurt is one of the best natural quick weight loss cures. You can also prepare smoothies by combining yogurt and fruits like strawberries, oranges etc. Moreover, there also exist several liquid diet recipes for weight loss so that you can reduce weight faster.
• Taking a few sips of 16 ounces of water mixed with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar is a popular natural remedy for losing weight. Follow this therapy several times in a day. You can also add apple juice or cranberry juice in the solution.
• Quit the habit of eating as a means of overcoming anxiety, nervousness or boredom. Stay away from unhealthy habits like cigarette smoking and alcoholism as well.
• When making a schedule and diet plan for quick weight loss, try to include more part of your calories during breakfast. It is believed that this helps avoid accumulating too much calories throughout the day.
• Another important tip for quick weight loss treatment at home is having plenty of water throughout the day. You can also have green tea. Certain colon cleansing treatments may also be used for reducing weight.
• Try to have more fruits rather than fruit juices because fruit juices are high in sugar. Fruits contain fiber that is highly beneficial in diet for losing weight. Besides, it also helps avoid Constipation. Thus, positively include apples, pineapples, Indian gooseberries, kiwis, papayas, guavas, figs and tomatoes in your weight loss diet plan.
• Combination of honey and lemon juice is a widely used natural treatment for weight loss, especially for those of you who have a tendency of gaining weight rapidly. Honey helps mobilize stored fat in the body and the combination of lemon and honey improves metabolism.
• Therefore, drink a glass of warm water mixed with half a teaspoon of lemon juice and the same amount of honey. For best results, take this mixture regularly, first thing in the morning. As cinnamon is also known to have properties aiding in weight loss, you can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in the solution.
• Soak a handful of Indian plum leaves in water overnight. In the morning, strain the mixture and drink the solution on an empty stomach. This serves as one of the most efficient natural home remedies for quick weight loss when followed daily for at least a month. Regularly eating about 10-12 curry leaves on an empty stomach is also useful in losing excess weight.
• Regularly engaging in adequate physical exercise is one of the best natural ways to lose weight fast. Walking, jogging, swimming, exercising, playing, dancing, yoga etc are some such ways that you need to adopt enthusiastically in your day to day life to help burn extra calories.
• Modifying the diet to include more fiber and protein rich foods and restricting the consumption of foods with simple carbohydrates is one of the most reliable natural home remedies for quick weight loss. This is because such foods are like to keep your tummy full for longer durations thereby reducing the urge to binge on non nutritious and fatty foods.
• Some such items include wholegrain cereals, whole barley, wheat bread, whole wheat pretzels, oatmeal, brown rice, navy beans, corn, asparagus, parsley leaves, sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, carrot, celery, dandelion greens, kidney beans, pinto beans, soya bean, turnip, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, watercress, cucumber, etc.
However, do not ignore other foods altogether as a healthy diet should include judicious amounts of a variety of foods to get all the essential vitamins and minerals. You just have to make better food choices.